All Pennsylvanians deserve a chance to build a successful career. A college degree isn’t the only path to success. That’s why celebrating National Apprenticeship Week and the expansion of apprenticeships in PA is so important.
What’s so cool about apprenticeships? We’re glad you asked!
- A chance to earn while you learn – it’s a paid job.
- Structured on-the-job learning
- Portable, nationally recognized credentials in the industry
- Most include classroom instruction & often provide college credit
Apprenticeships are growing in every field and open career opportunities for those looking for work in a wide range of industries such as construction, culinary arts, energy, IT, STEM, hospitality, and more!
Apprenticeships are continuing to grow, and offer something a typical 4-year degree doesn’t – a paid job with a competitive wage from day one, education, and the credentials you need for the job in that industry all in one program.
Apprenticeship Fast Facts:
- 94% of apprentices retain employment after apprenticeship completion
- Average starting salary at the completion of program is $70,000 per year
- Workers who complete apprenticeship programs earn approximately $300,000 more during their career than their peers who do not
- There are over 1,500 registered apprenticeship programs in PA
Interested in learning more?
Click here to fill out our online form to learn more about finding an apprenticeship that meets your career goals.
Follow the conversation on social media during National Apprenticeship Week by following the hashtags: #ApprenticeshipsinPA and #WorkforceinPA