Reconnect, Engage, Advocate, and Lead
Helping justice involved young adults transition back to community life
The REAL Program empowers young adults, ages 18-24, to achieve success. We do this by:
- Reconnecting them with their community
- Engaging them in workforce development
- Advocating for their success
- Leading their own path forward
Our team is made up of trained professionals to provide ongoing support and mentorship. Those professionals include:
- Outreach Coordinators/Career Navigators connect participants to educational services and workforce development.
- Licensed Family Advocate helps participants identify and overcome unique barriers as they transition back to their community. This professional is a Licensed Social Worker who will support young adults through trauma-informed care and mentoring as he or she works towards self-sufficiency.
- Business Services Team builds partnerships with local employers to link participants to meaningful employment opportunities.
The REAL Program is a transition and reentry program centered on a blend of educational and occupational training. Participants can find or get help with:
- Job readiness training
- Resume writing
- Interview skills
- Setting goals
- Career exploration and placement
- Interest and skills assessments
- On-the-job training
- Educational services
- GED courses
- Occupational training
- A Licensed Family Advocate
- Ongoing support and mentorship
- Personal growth and development
- Individual and group meetings
- Peer-to-peer support
- Community resources
- Ongoing communications
- Engagement with REAL peers
- Self-paced activities
- 18 to 24 years of age
- Previous or current involvement with the justice system
- Residency in Luzerne/Schuylkill Counties
Community and/or Self Referrals
If you or someone you know is experiencing employment challenges after being involved in the criminal justice system, contact us to learn more information and/or to enroll in our program:
Fair Chance Employers
We are committed to connecting you to REAL professionals that are capable of meeting your workforce needs. By hiring REAL professionals, employers can open the door to a larger pool of talent.
We are always searching for employers interested in partnering with our program. Contact us to become a fair chance employer today:
The REAL Program is underwritten by the PA Department of Labor and Industry through a grant received by the Luzerne/Schuylkill Workforce Development Board, Inc. in partnership with the PA CareerLink® in Luzerne and Schuylkill Counties.