September is Workforce Development Professionals Month. In 2005, the National Association of Workforce Development Professionals (NAWDP) designated this month to raise awareness about the importance of our industry to a growing national economy.
To celebrate, we want to highlight and recognize the hard work being done by workforce professionals and the impact our programs and services make on our community.
How We Help Job Seekers
We are a one-stop center that serves as the connecting link between hundreds of county job seekers and the businesses that want to hire them.
People who come to the PA CareerLink® can use a variety of services and our Career Advisors are there to help them every step of the way. We offer services such as training and education funding assistance, career counseling, and job, internships, apprenticeships, and paid work experiences placement assistance, and so much more!
Meeting the Needs of Job Seekers During the Pandemic
The realities of Covid-19 prompted our staff to evolve and innovate new ways to provide services to job seekers and employers. Throughout the pandemic, we enhanced our digital services to better help job seekers remotely. Here are a few examples of the new services available to support you:
- You can now join our “HOTJOBS” text club to receive weekly text alerts with job leads in Luzerne County by clicking here to sign up today.
- You can also join our “HIRED” text club to receive 1:1 job search assistance from a Career Advisor in Luzerne County by clicking here to sign up today.
- You can visit our Virtual Resource Center to take advantage of tools and trainings online.
- Staff offer services remotely i.e. Zoom video calls and phone appointments. Speak with a team member today in Hazleton and Wilkes-Barre.
- We also developed local office websites. Visit us online at:
Workforce Services Going Forward
Moving forward, the PA CareerLink® will remain flexible, expand virtual assistance, and leverage technology in new ways to meet the demands of the modern workforce. National Workforce Development Month allows us an opportunity to reflect on the impact of the work we do. Our team is committed to helping people overcome challenges, and it’s inspiring to see how our programs positively impact the community.